Terms and Conditions
All bookings for open courses or on-site training are made subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Making a booking
- We accept bookings made via our websites (edenfield.co.uk or firstaidathome.org.uk), by email, telephone, post or via selected third party websites/directories (separate terms and conditions may apply for these). Please quote a purchase order, if applicable, at the time of booking.
- Telephone bookings should be confirmed in writing as requested.
- We will acknowledge/approve your booking by email or post at the earliest opportunity. Please only consider the booking confirmed upon transmission/receipt of this correspondence.
- Our acceptance and confirmation of your booking creates a legal contract between us on the basis of these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in a purchase order or other correspondence will not form part of this contract.
2. Availability and provisional bookings
- Availability for on-site training is correct at the time of checking. To avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you book your desired date at the earliest opportunity.
- Dates for on-site training and places on open courses will be provisionally held for five working days. Following this, unconfirmed dates/places may be released subject to demand.
3. Payment terms and invoicing
- Payment for all on-site training and/or open course places is required within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Payments can be made by BACS, cheque or postal order. Our account details will be provided on your invoice.
- Unless otherwise agreed, your invoice will be transmitted by email to the specified contact/invoice address.
- Should circumstances mean that you need to transfer your booking to another date / place on another Edenfield course, the following charges will apply, dependant on the notice given:
– First transfer, made more than three weeks prior to the course start date – no charge
– One to three weeks’ notice given – 25% of the course fee
– Less than one-week notice given – 50% of the course fee
- All transfers must be taken within three months of the original course start date.
- There will be no charge for changing candidates’ names on a booked course.
- Should circumstances mean that you have to cancel your course / place(s) and are unable to transfer your booking to another date, the following charges will apply:
– More than four weeks prior to the course start date – no charge
– Two to four weeks’ notice given – 25% of the course fee
– 48 hours to two weeks’ notice given – 50% of the course fee
– Less than 48 hours’ notice given – full course fee
- Cancellation must be made by email or post and received by the due date.
- If candidate(s) do not attend a course and no prior notice is given, the full course fee is payable.
7. Late arrivals / missed sessions
- Attendance at all sessions is mandatory. If candidate(s) arrive late for or are absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse training if the instructor feels that they will gain insufficient knowledge or skills in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee is payable.
8. Requalification courses
- In the case of requalification courses, whilst individuals have up to one month following the expiry of their original certificate to renew, as soon as their qualification expires they may be subject to workplace restrictions.
- For all requalification courses, evidence of the original certificate/qualification should be provided upon request.
- Certificates will be provided for the successful completion of training and qualifications. These will only be released once all course fees have been paid.
- Additional charges may apply for duplicate certificates.
- Whilst we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they are free from any condition which would affect their capability to undertake their chosen course, and that they have the aptitude to cope with and understand the content of an intensive course of study.
- You should ensure that the specified venue is available and suitable for training to take place on the agreed date and time. In the event that the training cannot be delivered as a result of one of these factors, the full course fee remains payable.
11. Unforeseen circumstances
- On extremely rare occasions, unforeseen circumstances may require us to cancel a course. In such instances, you will be notified at the earliest possible opportunity and offered either a free transfer or full refund of any fees paid.
- All fees are subject to VAT at the current rate (valid exemptions apply)
- We may assign or sub-contract training to an approved third party individual or company as necessary.
14. Fees and charges
- We reserve the right to change fees, terms and conditions at any time. However, fees for confirmed courses or places will be honoured.
15. Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
- We abide by the applicable elements of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly Distance Selling Regulations 2000).